Netanya ARENA Open Swimming Championship
February 8-9, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
National Swimming Pool – Wingate Institute
The public are invited to come and watch and cheer on the competitors!
Articles posted in Sport
The SEAT Pro Netanya returns from 10-19 January 2019 to officially launch the 2019 Qualifying Series of the World Surf League. Held at Contiki Beach (The Amphitheater) – from the first waves at 7:00am until 5pm.
Music compounds, food stands, surfing products and more – come see those surfers ride the waves.
On the program :
– 8:15 a.m. Meeting/registration
– 8:30 a.m. The walk will begin on Nachum St. (Ramat Yadin – Dora), continue down Ben Tzvi Blvd. to Pinchas Lavon Blvd, Shazar St. and end on Poleg Beach
– 9:45 a.m. When the walk is finished, there will be a healthy activity on Poleg Beach: zumba and health stands
*Consult your physician and receive approval prior to the sports activity.
Free of charge- you’re all invited! Additional information on – Moetzet Nashim Netanya. The event will be held regardless of the weather
This exciting event will take place at the Lagoon (Argaman) Beach on Friday 21 September – commencing at 06.30am
The course comprises swimming, cycling and running – and is a test of endurance, strength and determination. All are welcome to come to watch and cheer the participants.
For further information and registration: click herehttp://www.netanya.muni.il
Road closures : please note, the following are the streets that will be closed to traffic from 5:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Ben Gurion Blvd. northbound: from Zalman Shneur St. to Simcha Ehrlich St.
Southbound: from Kehilat Tzefat St. to Simcha Ehrlich St.
Ben Ami Blvd.: In both directions- from Bnei Binyamin St. to Kikar Matalon
Simcha Ehrlich St.: In both directions- from Ben Gurion Blvd. to Ben Ami Blvd.
* Controlled exits from Galei Yam southbound will be possible.
Shalom Aleichem St.: In both directions- from Havatzelet Hahof St. to Ben Gurion Blvd.
Havatzelet Hahof St.: In both directions- from Kikar Hashoter (Irus Ha’argaman/Rotem) to Ben Gurion Blvd.
Tzahala St.: In both directions- from Gilo St. to Oved Ben Ami Blvd.
*To the residents of Galei Yam: It will only be possible to exit towards Ben Gurion Blvd.
*To the residents of Ha’Irusim: It will only be possible to exit to Ben Zvi Blvd., according to the directions provided by the traffic officers and the signs.
The streets will be completely blocked off and no vehicles at all will be allowed in, including cars belonging to residents of these streets and work vehicles.
The public is kindly requested to take alternate routes and follow the instructions of the police officers and personnel on site.
48 countries will compete in the 2018 FIL World Lacrosse Championships, making this year’s World Event the largest of all-time.
The games and Opening Ceremonies will start on Thursday, July 12th, and will run daily until Saturday, July 21st. All teams will play to a final ranking and will compete in a total of 6-8 matches over the 10-day Championships..
For schedule details and further information, please click here http://worldlacrosse2018.com/
The city of Netanya is proud to host the Israeli Beach Soccer League.
“Bank Yahav” League
Every Friday starting on Friday 08.06.18 at the “MODY” stadium on Poleg Beach Netanya
Admission is free.
Everybody is invited!!
Have you seen the racks of blue bikes popping up around the city?
Netanya Municipality will soon start a new cooperative bicycle project that will allow bicycle rental from any location by using a dedicated application that will enable efficient, fast and safe rental.
Throughout the city, bicycle docks will be installed, and residents, guests and visitors will be able to rent the bike and start riding.
This is a step in line with the municipal vision for Netanya’s development of a smart city with intelligent and efficient transportation for its residents.
You are invited to view the map of the bicycle docking stations where the bikes will be placed (note that the project will begin in stages, meaning not every berth has bicycles at this stage)
Friday May 11 2018 – 06:30 Poleg Beach
This year for the first time also a half-marathon 21.1 km
Join the experience or cheer on the competitors.
For details and registration: www.solgarunetanya.co.il
Important notice regarding closure of roads
The following roads will be closed from 05.30 to 10.00
- Ben Ami Blvd. southwards – from Matalon Square southward and throughout
- Ben-Gurion Blvd. southward – from Simcha Erlich Street to Havatzelet Beach
- Uzi Hitman Street to the west – in the section between Ben Gurion Boulevard and Ehud Manor
- Ehud Manor Street to the south – in the segment between Uzi Hitman Street and Shosh Atari Street
- Shosh Atari Street in both directions – in the section between Ehud Manor Street and Shulamit Street (Green Beach)
- The paved road to Poleg Beach – in both directions
- The upper and lower parking area of Lagoon Beach (Argaman) – in both directions
For residents of Nof HaTayelet in streets: HaRina, HaDitza, HaGila, HaChedva, HaKabbalah, Zahala, HaTzohar, HaTehila, Pierre Koenig, Kehilat Safed,Yosef Lapid it will not be possible to enter or exit the roads between 05:30 – 08:30.
For the residents of the western Galei Yam neighborhood streets: Bnei Binyamin, Exodus, Pancho and Oved Ben Ami (the southern section) It will not be possible to enter or exit the road between 05:30 – 08:30.
The following roads will be closed from 05.00 to 08.00
- Ben Avi Boulevard – in the section between Ben Gurion Boulevard and Baruch Ram Street – in both directions
- Residents of Ussishkin St. – in the section between Jerusalem Boulevard and Gad Machnes Street – it will not be possible to travel southward
- Residents of Jabotinsky Street (West) – No exit will be possible during the race
- Residents of Jerusalem Boulevard – will not be allowed beyond Jabotinsky Street and Ben Gurion Boulevard to the south
- Guests of the Carmel Hotel and the residents of Baruch Ram will not be allowed to leave during the race
- Residents of the streets: Dankner, Rishon Lezion and Gad Machnes – it will be possible to exit via Gad Machnes Street to the north only
Blocking the streets will be complete and no vehicles will be allowed at all, including vehicles belonging to residents of these streets and work vehicles
Residents of Zalman Shazar and Halilach streets will be able to exit to Ehud Manor Street, according to the direction of the inspectors and the signs at the site
You are asked not to drive to these streets, but to use alternate routes
Please do not drive to these streets, use alternative roads.
Obey the instructions of the police and inspectors.
Israel is hosting the opening three stages of the 101st Giro d’Italia in May 2018. The ‘Big Start’ in Israel will be the first time that any of cycling’s three ‘Grand Tour’ races; Giro d’Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana has been held outside Europe.
176 of the world’s top cyclists will begin the race with three stages in Israel, before a further 18 days of racing across Italy, culminating in a finish in Rome.
Commencing on May 4, the race will begin against the backdrop of Jerusalem’s Old City. Over the following two days, the competitors will ride from the North of Israel to the tip of the Red Sea, taking in breathtaking views from start to finish. The ‘Big Start’ will comprise of three stages of the Giro d’Italia:
• Day One will see riders begin the race against the backdrop of Jerusalem’s iconic Old City on a 10km time-trial tour of the city.
• Day Two will begin in Haifa, then passing through historic Acre and Caesarea, before riders head to the finish line on Tel Aviv’s beachside promenade, totaling 167km.
• Day Three begins in Beer Sheva and takes in southern Israel’s most dramatic scenery including the breathtaking Ramon Crater, finishing at the Red Sea resort of Eilat, totaling 229km.
STAGE 2: HAIFA – TEL AVIV | SATURDAY MAY 5, 2018
The first inter-city stage from Haifa to Tel Aviv is 167km long and will take place on Saturday May 5. Following the start, the route undulates around Acre and includes the first GPM (KOM) to find the best climber of the 2018 Giro in Zikron Yakov. The second part of the route is substantially flat on wide roads, with the last few kilometres within the city of Tel Aviv and the finish line on its iconic seafront.
Closure of Highway 2 in the Giro d’Italia Race in the Sharon Region
As part of the preparations by the Israel Police for the security of the Giro d’Italia race, on Saturday 5/5/18, Highway 2 will be closed in both directions from 13:00 to 19:00.
Entrance to Road 2 from the following localities will not be possible at the following closing hours:
Beit Shean, Giv’at Shapira, Avihail, Netanya, Wingate, Beit Shean, Hofit, Kfar Vitkin, Beit Herut, Ga’ash, Shefayim, .
Drivers are asked to obey police orders and use alternative routes